Hello everybody and welcome back to another Bookish Friday, how are you all doing? It has been a while since I last did a book inspired recipe so this week I’m bringing you a recipe inspired by The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
I used to love The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe when I was younger. The film adaption came out when I was around seven or eight and I watched it all the time. I eventually got round to reading a few of the books in the series, although I never finished it. Of course one of the most important aspects of the novel is Turkish Delight so today I’m going to give you a Turkish Delight recipe.
I found this recipe on the food.com website which you can find here. All of the ingredients are in cups and I know that in the UK we tend to use grams or ounces but maths isn’t my strong point and I couldn’t work out the conversions (sorry guys). Let me know in the comments if you gave this recipe a try. Happy baking!
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1.5 (1/3 ounce) Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 Orange (juice)
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- Red Food Coloring
- 1⁄2 cup Chopped Nutmeats
- Powdered Sugar
- Soak gelatin in one-half cupful of the cold water for ten minutes
- Place sugar and remaining cold water in a saucepan and bring to the boiling point, add soaked gelatin and the juices of the orange and lemon.
- Boil to 240°F on a candy thermometer
- Add nutmeats and red food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Remove from heat and beat until creamy.
- Turn into a bread pan that is lightly greased and placed in cold water to the depth of one inch.
- Let stand until firm, turn out onto board, and cut into cubes. Roll in powdered sugar.